"Getting rid of everything that doesn’t matter allows you to remember who you are. Simplicity doesn’t change who you are, it brings you back to who you are."

Sunday, August 8, 2010

No Rest for the Weary...



Oh...Well...not so fast.  Remind me to come back as one of my dogs in a another life.



Today I'm cooking down the apples that Deb gave me last week.  I added Splenda brown sugar, lemon, cinnamon and a bit of water as it all cooks down.



I went out and hacked at the garden a bit.  Very disappointing.  I've pulled all but the healthiest squash plants. 

I picked a bunch of green tomatoes.  I've only got blossoms on the cherry tomatoes.  (I think all the rain stifled any continued production.) 



I eyeballed the peppers. 



The pumpkins are turning orange and the vines are dying back.



This may be it for the summer harvest.  I'd like to put in a fall crop but I think it's still way to hot to direct sow or transplant anything.  Perhaps in 4-6 weeks.  Usually by mid September temps become more tolerable.  I think I may just work out of one bed this fall and go ahead and compost/manure the other beds for early spring crops.



Look at this monster!  SM and I let this zucchini go just for fun.



Cute softball sized pumpkin

It's 9 am and SM is stirring.  Wash the cars, clean the house, mow the lawn (it's his turn to mooch a lawnmower from our friendly neighbors). 

It's weird.  We're both slightly cranky today.  We were both up and down last night.  I don't know about him but I'm cranky from having the mother of all zits right between my eyes.   SM says it looks like a Hindu dot.  Only this one hurts.  (sigh)  So much for being hot and sexy...and "NO" I'm not taking a picture of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment