"Getting rid of everything that doesn’t matter allows you to remember who you are. Simplicity doesn’t change who you are, it brings you back to who you are."

Friday, October 29, 2010

Migraine or Heartburn

All this week SM has been in classes to achieve a "certified" level in his field.  Mon, Tues and Wed he was in Greensboro.  It's only a few hours away so he opted to drive back and forth each day.  This meant that my "I'm not a morning person" guy had to get up with me each morning.  I'm a 4:30 to 5 "am-er".

Today, SM needed to be in Goldsboro for an 8 hour continuing education course he needed for his license.  Goldsboro is about 4-5 hours away.  I set the alarm for 3:30 and we both woke up by 3am. (Neither of us have slept well lately.)

By the time he left at 4, I could feel a headache starting.  By 9am (and a few tylenol later) I knew it was a migraine.  I hate migraines.  I only get them a few times a year but "geez.." what a waste of a day. 

I have noticed that caffine can really "zap" the impact of a migraine with me.  (Constricts the blood vessels.)  But caffine is on my "no-no" list because of the reflux effect with my H-Hernia.

So which is worse? The pain of a migraine? or heartburn?

Migraine hands down.

So for the past hour I've been enjoying some chocolate.  It was a toss up between a diet pepsi and the chocolate.  Both are on the "no-no" list.  But I fiqure if I'm going to be bad, I'm going to enjoy it.  (grin)

Ummm...chocolate.  I feel better already.

1 comment:

  1. That chocolate craving has to be from your childhood when dad sold it.

    ReplyDelete