"Getting rid of everything that doesn’t matter allows you to remember who you are. Simplicity doesn’t change who you are, it brings you back to who you are."

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Hard Freeze




We got down to 28 degrees last night.  I had hoped that my fall garden might squeak out a little produce, but I think we've run out of time.  Lesson learned.



I need to get the plants/seeds in by August at the latest.  Just not enough time with my late start of mid September.

I thought I'd do a "straw bale" cold frame but I've decided that instead of putting money into keeping the fall garden going, I'd rather put the money into building up the frames/soil/manure to have a better Spring and Summer garden for next year.



That said, I still went ahead and covered the plants that I have in the ground now.  We've had freezing temps for the last 2 nights.  One more night to go and then we'll be back into the 70's during the day and 40's at night.  Not bad.



No comments:

Post a Comment