"Getting rid of everything that doesn’t matter allows you to remember who you are. Simplicity doesn’t change who you are, it brings you back to who you are."

Monday, November 8, 2010

Simple Wisdom

SM and I were talking about an article I read on Yahoo yesterday.  Here's the link:  Ecomony recovering, but recession's shadow is long

I tend to take everything with a grain of salt.  I've become more defensive in my thinking as I've gotten older and I'm not one to "drink the kool-aid" just because it's being offered.  Especially by the media.

Articles like this make me a little bit insane.  It's all over the place, trying to make too many people happy. 

I liked reading about the behavioral changes of buying habits, which I agree with, but do you really need to placate the "wealthy" reader with the "Boo Hoo...This year I spent $2K on a handbag (second-hand!) instead of a $4K Fendi."

State the facts (as you see them).  Don't bring in all this class envy stuff.  I find it annoying.  You make the weathly people in the world sound like a bunch of idiots to the rest of us who buy our purses at Target. 

I'm a live and let live type of girl.  Some people got money and some people don't, but I've never considered that the value of a person is based on their bank account.

Times like this I think about the movie Forrest Gump...a lot of wisdom in that movie.


Stupid is as stupid does...

Now, Momma said there's only so much fortune a man really needs and the rest is just for showing off. ...

Jenny taught me how to climb. And I taught her how to dangle.
 
Vacation’s when you go somewhere… and you don’t ever come back.
 
My Momma always said, “Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.”

Momma always says there’s an awful lot you could tell about a person by their shoes. Where they’re going. Where they’ve been. I’ve worn lots of shoes. I bet if I think about it real hard I could remember my first pair of shoes.

What’s my destiny, Mama?

You’re gonna have to figure that out for yourself.


Lieutenant Dan got me invested in some kind of fruit company. So then I got a call from him, saying we don't have to worry about money no more. And I said, that's good! One less thing.

That’s all I have to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment