"Getting rid of everything that doesn’t matter allows you to remember who you are. Simplicity doesn’t change who you are, it brings you back to who you are."

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Smack..Right Between The Eyes

I wish I could write.  I mean really write.  (The Great American Author, that's me!) Ha!

I get home tonight, my legs are aching...(freaking legs!!*$@) 

I make SM and myself a "big salad" for dinner.  "I'm planting LOTS of lettuce this year, so get ready, salads everyday!"

While I eat, I read.  SM knows I need to decompress, take a few minutes to switch from Tami the worker-bee to Tami the at home gal.  The best way I've found to do this is to read a book for a 1/2 hour or so.

I've been re-reading Through A Glass Darkly and came across this paragraph, a conversation between Barbara and her Grandmother:

"I have two things to say---"
"Only two?"
"Never mind.  I want to say them before I forget.  The first is about forgiveness.  It is never done well in little bits and dabs.  Do it all at once and never look back, or do not do it at all.   Those are your Grandfathers words, and not mine.  And the second is about change.  Change is an easy thing to decide and a difficult thing to do.  It is the day-to-day struggle of it that defeats people.  Do not despair if old ways look good to you.  Despair only if you fall into them too often."

Smack...right between the eyes.  From a book of fiction written 25 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment