"Getting rid of everything that doesn’t matter allows you to remember who you are. Simplicity doesn’t change who you are, it brings you back to who you are."

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Throw Yourself On That Bomb

Most Saturdays I work a few hours post-op-ing patients from the day before.  I need to leave here before 7am and I usually get home by 9:30 so it's a pretty quick gig.  Yesterday though we had a heavier schedule so I anticipated that I wouldn't be home until 11 or later today.

I asked SM if he'd mind doing the shopping today.  He's actually really good at it and has a bit more tolerance for dealing with crowds. 

You see this is payday weekend for me as well as half the population.  And I am "crowd phobic."  (Cranky @$$ me faster...than you can say get me the H&!! outta here.)

SM and I only do the "mother-load of shopping" once or twice a month.  Other than that, we might do a quick run for something we're out of on the other weekends.  As most people will attest...The less often you shop, the more you save.

But this weekend, we needed to hit all our hot spots.  Sam's Club for bulk, Trader Joe's for produce, and Walmart for everything else.  Easily a few hours of work.

SM went ahead and threw himself on that bomb.  "Thanks Honey!"

Since I was too pooped to POP once I got home, I did a "short-cut" pizza so he'd have lunch/dinner once he got home.

I suppose most people have a version of a quickie pizza....but here goes mine in case you've never tried it before.

Pulled out of the "pantry"...

Ready made french loaf bread
mozzarella cheese
turkey pepperoni
pizza sauce
fresh mushrooms and frozen peppers and onions that are sauteed first before putting on the pizza.



Secret ingredient...Paul Prudhomme's Pasta and Pizza Magic.  (Love this stuff)

I let the bread dough sit out on a piece of parchment paper while the oven heats to 400.  (I use a pizza stone)



Once the dough has warmed up a bit I slice it down the middle with a serrated blade and "spread" out the dough.  Sprinkle some seasoning on it.  Sauce, cheese, meat and sauteed veggies.  Into the oven for about 18 minutes.



Easy french bread pizza.  No fuss, no muss.

4 comments:

  1. I hate crowds and especially those people at the store. That is why I am going to shop 4 times a year and I call that in for pickup. If I have to go, I try like mad to get the husband to pick it up on his way home. Thanks goodness they don't mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why I like to read blogs like yours Jane. Even if all I ever do is raise my own fruit and vegetables, I'm still reducing the need to frequent those "Mecca's" of consumerism. I expect that I'll never be able to get to a 4 times a year visit like you, but it'd be nice if we could manage with once a month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you guys, crowds make me cranky cranky cranky! Good thing for SM!!!

    And now I want pizza for dinner!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pizza looks yummy! I hate crowded stores too, just a necessary evil! lol,thanks for following my blog, I appreciate that so much, I will visit again soon,Blessings, Jane

    ReplyDelete