Saturday, March 19, 2011

Ah-Choo...




It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade.

~Charles Dickens



In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt.

~Margaret Atwood



I stuck my head out the window this morning and spring kissed me bang in the face.

~ Langston Hughes




"Bang" in the face is right!  Our pollen count is high in the Piedmont.  Claritin has become my new best friend.  I never had spring time allergies until we moved down here.  88 degrees yesterday and 78 today.  I try to be outside but after an hour or two my eyes burn, I get congested.  (sigh)

But still...IT'S SPRING

Ya-hoo....

Ah-choo!
 

2 comments:

  1. Not only do I have allergies, but my two dogs do also. So I feel your pain. I love the pic with the pups bellies in the grass. Yep, that's spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wind here was so so cold! I thought I was going to freeze at the plots! Here at the house it was nice and toasty!!

    ReplyDelete