"Getting rid of everything that doesn’t matter allows you to remember who you are. Simplicity doesn’t change who you are, it brings you back to who you are."

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Last Of The Honey-Do

Today SM and I finished up the last on my "Honey-Do" list.  We now have a trellis for both of the grapes.

Reliance seedless (table) grape and the Muscadine.  

It didn't take too long to complete the trellis's.  SM wanted to do something more fancy like an arbor but I just wanted it to be simple and functional.  We drove in 6ft posts and ran galvanized wire between them.  Simple.

SM says he's actually excited about the grapes.  I think he's caught the bug now.

Too bad he can't get excited about chicken's....

6 comments:

  1. Give it time...

    I wish I could see the wire part of the trellis. Is it horizontal or vertical?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what part of Ohio you lived in but it was Memorial Weekend you could plant. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep doing what you're doing, and eventually, he'll catch the chicken "bug". I find the more I grow and produce, the more hubby gets into it. I even caught him weeding last week. Miracle!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really got a lot done. I bet you pass out at night. It looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Daisy...If you look at the picture (it's hard to see) but it's 2 horizontal wires between 2 stakes (not shown) We thought about doing wood posts at the end but the wood will rot and I'd like somthing I don't have to fix in 2 years.

    Mom - Hmmm Maybe I've been gone from Ohio too long. (Yeah Me!)

    Sue - (Shocker!) Weeding! Hope you didn't pass out right then and there. (grin)

    Jane - I HAVE been sleeping really well lately. And taking an afternoon siesta too. (luxury)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Give him time. :) One plus is manure, (healthy happy plants!)You could also mention how well chickens eat up a lot of garden and table scraps.

    ReplyDelete