Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A Conversation

"You're making me fat."  SM

"Hey...I'm not the one buying bananas and letting them get all nasty.  You know I hate to waste.  So there you are."  Me, pointing to the oven.

(Yes.  I made more banana bread yesterday.  This time I backed off on the cinnamon just a bit but added 2 handfuls of chocolate chips.  SM made a face when I told him.  He thought the chocolate would ruin it.)

"Bananas and chocolate go together.  Try it."  Me.  

So last night SM cut a piece of the apple walnut and another of the banana chocolate chip.

"So how was it?"  I asked, curious.


"THAT is just about the best thing I've ever eaten.  I'm going to be HUGE eating all this.  That's a lot of cake."  SM replied.


"Well, I can always take it and....."  I started.


"You're NOT taking it into work."  SM interrupts, staking his claim.


"I was going to say that I can take it and freeze part of it."  Me


"Oh.  OK...Do that."  SM




So that's what I did. 


You know they say "Happy Wife, Happy Life?"  

Well, we need to come up with a phrase about keeping the "Man" of your house happy.  Any ideas?



4 comments:

  1. Could be tubby, happy hubby :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't keep them fat and happy for nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I had the "EXCATC" same conversation last night with DH! Well, almost exact.

    Made banana bread from the too-ripe bananas. DH says "this is why I'm so fat". I say don't eat it all at once. DH says "then don't make it". I say, you don't like it? Do you want me to give it to the chickens.....

    And it goes on & on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ".... tubby happy hubby." LOLOLOL!!!
    Every now and then DH and I agree that we'll only have desserts on weekends. It never fails then, that when Monday rolls around, he asks, "What's for dessert?"

    ReplyDelete