"Getting rid of everything that doesn’t matter allows you to remember who you are. Simplicity doesn’t change who you are, it brings you back to who you are."

Saturday, September 17, 2011

These Dreams

I'm not much of a dreamer.  Sleepwise that is.  I've got plenty of dreams for our future, (who doesn't?) but I'm not usually one to remember my dreams when I wake up.  (I always remember my tornado dreams though.  Those are dreams I have from time to time, all through my life since I was young.  Haven't had a tornado dream in a while though.)

Wooo Boooy...Last night was "Dream Central".  I must've had a lot I needed to get off my mind.  So tag along with me as I evaluate my dreams with this Dream Interpretation site

I dreamt of a big ol King Snake.  Not that I was being bit by one but I "handling it".  It was a BIG snake.  I paid particular attention to it's color markings.  You know..."Red and yellow, kill a fellow" means it's a Coral Snake.  (Don't touch)  Funny that I'm applying real logic inside my dreams.





To dream of seeing or being bitten by a snake implies that you are afraid and anxious about some issue in your life. Perhaps this dream is suggesting that you should be aware of a pending situation that may cause you harm.  The snake can also represent the male genitals and may be warning you against entering into a certain sexual encounter. The snake can also represent someone in your life who is heartless, cruel, and treacherous. On a more optimistic note, the snake symbolizes intelligence, change, and understanding. It implies revitalization of the spirit and alterations in life.

 OK...Well, there's certainly enough going on in the world today to be "afraid or anxious" about.  The sex part...Ha!...and I really don't have any "mean, heartless" people in my life.

So since I was "handling" the snake I think I'll swing with the logic that I'm "trying to manage my fears and anxieties".  Maybe I'm trying to be more accepting of the "changes" that have occurred in my life.  Then again, maybe not.  Read about my next dream.  Yep!  Two different dreams in the same night.

I was climbing up a cliff using a rope ladder and there were a bunch of people behind me, but I was the first in line.  We then had to lower ourselves down with a rope.  But I couldn't see the ground, we were way up high. 

This one gave be the "heebie jeebies" as I get a bit freaked out if I don't have the earth under my feet.  I actually woke myself up all tense and shaking as I have a very real fear of falling.  (I hate flying.  I don't like all that open air under my feet.) 



To dream that you are climbing up something (ladder, rope, etc.) represents a hardship or obstacle that you are being confronted with. It may also mean that you are close to achieving your objectives. Climbing also implies that you are being elevated in your importance and status at work or community.  To dream that you are climbing down a cliff implies that you are reluctant to confront certain emotions and issues in your life. You need to recognize these matters and deal with them accordingly. This dream may also indicate that you are in a depressed state or feeling mentally fatigued
Well, that's interesting.  Since I was both climbing up the ladder AND being lowered down implies that I'm trying to overcome my situation but I'm reluctant to accept that I can't do anything about it. 

This is work related for sure.  After all this time I STILL resent the fact that my pay and hours have been cut.  I work harder than ever and enjoy what I do but I resent the fact that I don't have the flexibility to change jobs and work for someone else.  Nobodies hiring.  So while I'm thankful I have a job, I'm resentful that I can't "switch it up" and get a better job elsewhere.  Basically, I'm suck.  (Join the club.  Suck it up, Tami!)

Well, that was very insightful...Now you know  some of my inner demons.  Actually you should be very afraid to get inside of this head.  Scary stuff in there.

What dreams are you having lately?  Do you try to interpret them?

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to check out that site. I have always had tornado dreams, and dreams where I fall into a river and am being drawn down-I can't get back to the surface. Odd. And I have a good life, so who knows. But then again, who's to say the interpretation is right. But it will be fun to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have those "typical" dreams like going to school without shoes or clothes on, but unfortunately, most of my dreams are nightmares, which kind'a stinks.

    Hopefully you can use those interpertaions to help you along dealing with your obstacles.

    ReplyDelete