"Getting rid of everything that doesn’t matter allows you to remember who you are. Simplicity doesn’t change who you are, it brings you back to who you are."

Friday, December 23, 2011

Dreaming of a White Christmas

We've been warm and humid this week with lots of rain.  Definitely not Christmas weather by any means.  I stepped out this morning with the dogs and "squished" our way across the front yard.  Ewww.  Soggy and boggy and wormy.  I say again...Ewww.  Worms are fine in my garden, but the thought of stepping on them as I walk gives me the willies.


As I walked around the block looking at the night time sky, seeing stars peeking through the broken clouds, I thought about Christmas songs.

  
SM and I had watched the Michael Buble Christmas special that was on the other night.  That man was more talent in his pinkie finger than all of us combined.  I admit I'm envious.  He can do something that I wish I could.  Sing.  Make music.  It seems the purest form of celebration.  What joy it would be to be singing through your life.  Maybe it's a good thing that I can't sing.  I'd be singing like a sparrow through every event in my life.  How could you not if you had the ability?


I thought about the words to songs that resonate deep with me.  At this time of year, more than any other, the songs of the season bring back memories, hopes and dreams.  Faces of loved ones come and gone flit through my mind, but they're always in my heart.  Childhood memories and snapshots in time seem to be fading, but these songs bring them back and make me long to recreate them one more time.


I think my favorite is White Christmas.  It really sums up everything that's in my heart right now.


These pictures are from last years snowfall.  Such a rare occurrence around here.  But I go to these pictures often seeing the beauty and joy in them.


To all our friends out there...SM and I wish you Joy, Happiness and Love during this Christmas weekend.


"And may all your Christmas's be white..."

3 comments:

  1. Although I don't necessairly "dream" of a white Christmas (as we moved 600 miles south to avoid the stuff!), I guess it does bring back good childhood memories.

    Have a Very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I moved UP NORTH for the guarantee of white Christmases for ever. Alas, this year there is a mere dusting--not the usual FEET of snow. Rats. But, I've been looking at old photos too. It helps.
    A very VERY Merry Christmas to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures! Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete