"Getting rid of everything that doesn’t matter allows you to remember who you are. Simplicity doesn’t change who you are, it brings you back to who you are."

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Go PINK

I don't usually buy annual flowers anymore.  I'd rather see a return on my money by purchasing a perennial flower or a fruiting bush. 

But when SM and I were at Lowes the other day, we both spotted this neon pink geranium and knew that we had to have them.  

I'm not usually one for pink flowers but this pink is SO INTENSE it just called my name. 

And besides, geraniums are the one flower that can tolerate the heat here, so these should do well.



We bought 3 pots and scattered them across the front yard beds. 

A nice touch of color for the house and a good cause besides.  (Lowes donates 10% of the purchase price.)




I had gotten my reminder letter from my Doctor a few weeks ago and was surprised that it had been 2 years since my last mammogram

I called and I'm scheduled for my appointment on Wednesday.

If you haven't been in a while please consider getting set up for one.  I know how easy it is to forget.  Life just seems to get in the way so you never really think about scheduling one.  But it's such a simple, quick thing to do for yourself.

And while I haven't been personally impacted by breast cancer, so many women are and they say that early detection can make all the difference in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment