There's nothing poetic about standing outside on a 90 degree day, nasty, crappy clothes on, hair stuffed under a ball cap, spraying bleach on your house.
Even though it's diluted bleach it still stings as the water travels down my arms finding whatever scrape or nick I happen to have in my own personal armor. I am sanitized my friends! I've got my safety goggles on so the occasional splash does nothing except make me smell like bleach.
It took me about 2 hours to spray down the exterior of the house. I've tried the commercial house cleaner mixes they sell at the Big Box but they're just a crock. Nothing cleans like bleach. Gone is the 1 1/2 yrs of dirt and mold that's attached itself to my siding. The house looks brighter and SM thinks it looks like we just painted the house!
After bleaching, I borrowed Deb's power washer and gave the back deck and deck chairs a good squirt too. I want to toss a protective stain on the deck boards later this week.
After cleaning myself up (an oxymoron for sure, I can't BE any cleaner), I went out with the dogs and just enjoyed the fresh clean-ness of a pollen, dust and dirt free porch. What a treat to get rid of all that caked on pollen. Even Casey's feeling better!
As an added bonus, the windows are super clean too. All the spider webs and leaves and crap are gone. I just need to wipe down the inside.
Nasty job, but I can't tell you how much better the air feels coming through the screens.
Am I the only one who washes the exterior of their house? I don't see very many people do this. Exterior mold is a big problem down here. I just like to stay on top of it.