"Getting rid of everything that doesn’t matter allows you to remember who you are. Simplicity doesn’t change who you are, it brings you back to who you are."

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Two For Tuesday

After a month of just eating lettuce greens our snow peas are finally big enough to harvest.




Nothing better than a crisp, snappy, crunchy pea.  I really like this variety of pea, SO much easier to see the yellow pod than the typical "green" pod...everything would blend together making harvesting that much harder.



I planted only enough for fresh eating.  Cooked snow peas are good but I'd rather just eat them out of hand or in a salad.

Yum.

7 comments:

  1. I so agree and have actually been thinking (drooling?) about snow peas a lot lately! Have you ever tried freezing them? They would be so wonderful to toss in stir fries in the winter, but I sure don't like the soggy things they become no matter how many ways/times I try to freeze them. And that's just SO inferior to having them fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mama Pea---Love the peas, but really, only fresh will do. As a matter of fact, most never make it out of the garden-LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you! It's going to be two or three weeks before we have any peas here. The green peas are very hard to find. I grow two varieties, one purple and one blush. They are much much easier to find on the vines.

    I blanch and freeze peas for the winter. I reduce the blanching time and they turn out fine.I know this is a no no by the you know who. But, who trusts them anyway???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you mind sharing the variety? I think they would be so much easier to see, and they look great on the vine as well. Great harvest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those do look good!

    Wish I had more beds prepared for veggies. We add more and more every year and I fill them up and need more! These 5 acres will one day be done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These were Baker Creek Golden Sweet and I do have a hard time getting them into the house. Everytime I go out I stop by and munch on them.

    ReplyDelete