"Getting rid of everything that doesn’t matter allows you to remember who you are. Simplicity doesn’t change who you are, it brings you back to who you are."

Monday, September 10, 2012

A Breath Of Fresh Air

Summer's back is finally broken. 

At last!  I can honestly say that the Summer of 2012 was a tough one to get through.

A strong cold front moved through Saturday night bringing much needed rain and much more welcome cool air.




I woke up Sunday morning to a crisp, humid 59 degrees.  (I swear I could hear Angels singing.)

The ground was still warm enough that we generated some fog early, but then it burned off to show puffy, white clouds and a spectacular blue sky.

I'll take it.  (Sending kisses to Heaven.)




I couldn't resist getting some yard work done.  It was just too tempting with the cooler breezes.  I have been "The High Priestess of Slugginess" these last few weeks of Summer.  Dynamite under my butt was no motivation to get out into the heat.  I was done...Deep Fried and crispy.  I couldn't take another hot breath.

It didn't matter that the garden was looking like an abandonded field.  Weeds are impossibly high everywhere right now.  The whole yard is a disaster area.

So since ya gotta start somewhere, SM and I decided to attack the trees, bushes and "landscaped" areas first.  We created quite the burn pile.




Tomorrow?  Since I have Mondays off, I hope to attack some of the foot high weeds and grass that is trying to reclaim my garden.




I expect you'll be doing the same.  Fun isn't it?

5 comments:

  1. tami - I also find in summer I'm more like a slug than a rabbit. But so glad you've got cooler weather :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can so relate to how you felt this summer. I think it was especially hard on us because way up here we're not at all used to the hot, muggy, thick, heavy (I could go on and on) schmucky-mucky weather we had. But the last week has convinced me it is over and done. 45 degrees this morning and we've got a small fire in the wood stove to take the chill off inside here. Yay for FALL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you finally got your cooler weather. Enjoy! And don't try and tackle it all at once...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tami, I so share your sentiment! We have also had a dreadful summer here in central Ohio and when I woke up on Saturday to a cool, grey morning in the 50s I was singing hallelujah! Beautiful garden, thanks for sharing.
    Stephen@DelCoMG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still waiting for cooler temps. Glad you were able to be productive without sweating too much!

    ReplyDelete