"Getting rid of everything that doesn’t matter allows you to remember who you are. Simplicity doesn’t change who you are, it brings you back to who you are."

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Still Here...

You might think I've been bitten by the "no blogging bug" that's been going around since there's been no posts this week.

Nah.

I've got things to say.  Just been to busy (distracted?) to blog.  So what's been going on lately?

Well, last weekend SM and I worked on the master bathroom.  More on that with an upcoming post.  Let's just say that it was a sun-up to sunset job that left me satisfied with what we'd accomplished at the end of the day but much too tired to do anything else like post about it.

Then Monday, Santa arrived early to gift me with a (long desired) new laptop.  WooHoo!  SM was over the moon with the new technology.  Santa dropped it in my lap about 8pm, though.  I sat there blinking with exhaustion while SM tried to show me the ropes with Windows 8 (sorry Bob, can't afford a MAC).  Let's just say that I went to bed while SM stayed up late playing with the new toy.  I'm looking forward to playing with it myself this weekend.  I only managed 15 minutes with it here and there this whole week.  I can say one thing.  Holy Crap is this sucker FAST.  My old hand-me-down was slow as sugar.  Took forever to do anything.

What else?  Well, work has been insane but that's nothing new.  Our busy season starts at the end of the year and runs until Summer. Who knows why, but in the 13 years I've been with this practice, that seems to be how we roll.  12 hour days tend to leave me nodding in my recliner by 8pm.  Add to that, holiday shopping traffic on the drive home and the work week just sucks lately.  Even SM complained how tied up Charlotte traffic has become.

Another thing is that I'm back to not sleeping well again.  Maybe getting 3 or 4 hours of good sleep a night.  I'm trying but I end up just tossing and turning and dozing and getting up to watch late night TV just to distract myself.  SM suggests a sleeping pill but I hate how those things make me feel the next day, so I've just been powering through.  (Shrug...what else is new?) 

I've noticed that my hot flashes up and disappeared the past week, (someone turned off the tap?) but now I'm not sleeping.  On the other hand, I haven't had a migraine since the flashes stopped.  (If it ain't one thing, it's another.  Gotta love menopause...)

Kiki, our 14 (going on 15) year old cat had a rough couple of days this week.  He didn't eat much, and just seemed really lethargic and curled up in a "Do not disturb me" little ball.  I was concerned that the end was near.  SM and I would scratch and pet him, but you could tell he wasn't feeling good.  He snapped out of it a few days later and is back to purring and seeking SM out for some "lay on your belly" love. 

That's about all I can think to tell you.  I'm looking forward to this weekend for sure!  Sunshine (which I haven't seen) and warm temps are forecast.  65 glorious degrees!  I'm hoping for some back porch swing time.  Maybe the sun will make me sleepy and I'll get an afternoon nap in.

Wouldn't that be lovely?

2 comments:

  1. Tami, I don't like the way sleeping pills make me feel either. I found Valerian Root at the health food store, an herbal sleep remedy. It works wonders. Helps me get to sleep, stay asleep and I don't wake up in a fog or feeling like I have a hangover. Look it up, it might help you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks RP...I'll give it shot. Melatonin has helped me before too.

    ReplyDelete