"Getting rid of everything that doesn’t matter allows you to remember who you are. Simplicity doesn’t change who you are, it brings you back to who you are."

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Drip

Boy, is it wet out there. 





Gray, misty fog suddenly turns into a spitting shower that fades away only to turn into a downpour a few minutes later.  How do I know this?  I've taken my cabin fevered dogs out for a mile each morning.

And gotten caught each day in a sudden downpour.  You'd think I'd just not go wouldn't you?  

Unfortunately, I'm a sucker for 3 pairs of watery brown eyes that stare up at me, begging me to take them for a walk.  Now these same dogs will put their brakes on if I open the back down and tell them to go outside and "Go potty" but if I put their leashes and collars on, it's game on.  As long as I get dragged outside with them, they're perfectly happy getting wet.

This is the 4th day of constant, drippy weather.  It can't help but effect a persons mood.  I've been feeling like a drip.  Disinterested, tired yet twitchy.  I can't really settle down.

The only thing keeping me sane right now is work.  Having to head into the cement jungle each day is a nice distraction when it's too crappy to do anything here at the house. 

But this storm is slowly heading out tonight and they're predicting  1-3 inches of snow overnight.  It won't last long tomorrow.  It never does.  But I can tell you one thing.  If it snows, I'm not going to want to go into work tomorrow. 

Not because of the hassle of driving with a bunch of crazy Southerners who don't know how to drive in the white stuff.  Nope.

I won't want to go into work because I'll want to stay at home a play.  Mama wants a snow day!  Whoo Hoo!

Keep your fingers crossed...

5 comments:

  1. Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed for snow for YOU.....me, not so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get your snow day! It was -4F here this morning . . . probably too cold to snow. But at least we're not getting wet when going outside! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are getting snow today,light snow in big tissue paper flakes.
    Someone told me we are expecting 8.5" though..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you get a snow day - I love them, myself. And we get LOTS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on the snow day! I love snow days.

    Blessings,
    Red

    ReplyDelete