"Getting rid of everything that doesn’t matter allows you to remember who you are. Simplicity doesn’t change who you are, it brings you back to who you are."

Sunday, March 31, 2013

The Last Hurrah. Goodbye March!!!!

"I'm not sure we know what a normal Spring is around here anymore."  I said to SM as we were driving over to his nephews house yesterday to celebrate Easter with his family. 

Along the way we saw Bradford Pear Trees and Forsythia bushes in bloom.  White and yellow everywhere.  (My southern friends call forsythia Yellow Bells.)  Everything else is still holding back their buds with the cooler weather we had last week.

"Last year those Forsythia's bloomed in February."  I pointed out to SM.





"If everything is late, maybe that's an indication that it won't be so hot this year.  Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a normal Summer?"  I asked SM.

"You mean one that doesn't hit 90 the first of May and never looks back?"  SM asked.

"Yeah.  Or one where we don't have any 100 degree days for weeks on end."  I replied.

I feel like March this year has just been one big drag.  Like a kid that doesn't want to do his chores.  Whining and dragging his feet the whole way.

Suck it up already!

Hopefully this weekend will be "the last hurrah" for the year.  Say goodbye to freezing cold weather.  Let's hope we can moderate a bit more with April coming in. 

I did spend some time yesterday re-potting some of the bigger tomato starts.  I have a feeling I'm going to be glad I delayed so long getting them going.  The sweet peppers are only just now sprouting. 

I went outside and uncovered the hoop house to let some of this weekends rain soak onto the veggie's out there.  Everything has popped up, but nothing is really growing yet.  Even the peas are barely sticking their heads out of the ground.

Speaking of "Last Hurrahs"...Tonight is the season finale of The Walking Dead.





I've really enjoyed the dynamics of this quirky show.  The writing is brilliant and the character exploration amazing. 

Who knew I'd be into a zombie show? 

When I first started watching I was really into Ricks character.  But I've decided that if there really was a zombie apocalypse I'm more really like Daryl Dixon. 

I take my orders from the boss and get the job done. 

I've got a strong right arm and I'm not afraid to use it. 

I mouth off on occasion and you REALLY don't want to piss me off.





Yep.  That's me. 

And you'll never see me cry either.  Just like Daryl, I do that alone. 





When no one's looking. 

Except maybe a zombie or two.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, was I ever glad to drop-kick March out the door. Especially, since it's supposed to snow today. I mean, really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love a "normal" summer!!!

    ReplyDelete