Sunday, July 14, 2013

Crush-ing

Back in the day when I was a sweet young thing I had a crush on Rutgar Hauer. 




I think it was the whole LadyHawk thing with him and Michelle Pfeiffer.  What a hottie he was back then! 

Then again, weren't we all?

So I'm watching a Trueblood episode the other night.  Good old Rutgar has signed on to play Sookie's grandpa and is looking a bit eccentric.

SM walks into the room and starts laughing.  "Is that Rutgar Hauer?"  He asks.

"Yeah."  I reply somewhat defensively.  (Don't you laugh at my teenage crush.)

"His hair looks like yours!"  SM crows.

"HEY.  That's not fair."  I pause for a moment. 




"Well..."  Conceding his point.  Mine does have a tendency to get super bushy in this humid weather we've been having.

"At least mine's not white!"  I say throwing ole Rutgar under the bus.

What is that line from Steel Magnolias? 

"Honey, time marches on and eventually you realize it is marchin' across your face."
(laughing)

I always thought that one of the best things about being in a relationship with someone over a VERY long time is that they always remembered the "Young You." 

I know SM has gotten older but I still see the young guy I married and I sure hope SM still sees me as the young hottie he married. 

Even if I am starting to look like Rutgar on a bad day.

@;)

2 comments:

  1. Oh that's just not fair, picking on your crush! Who was his crush, and what does she look like now? Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED him in Ladyhawk and it's still one of our favorite movies! I think we watch it three or four times a year and even Rhiannon likes it :)

    But, yeah, I have to agree, he looks a bit, uhm, unkempt if not downright disheveled.

    ReplyDelete