"Getting rid of everything that doesn’t matter allows you to remember who you are. Simplicity doesn’t change who you are, it brings you back to who you are."

Saturday, July 27, 2013

GetDown, GetDown...



If any of my neighbors look out the window and see me flailing my arms around swating at the skeeters and spiders and no-see-ums while I'm in the garden...Well, it ain't Jungle Boogie I'm dancing to I can tell you that. 

I must admit this song makes we want to get up and dance.  Where's my bell bottom pants, fringe vest and platform shoes?  (Now that would be a sight to see.  Almost as scary as the dude with the REALLY high shoes at the beginning of this clip.)

I know it makes you want to jump into that dance line and shake your boo-tay@;)

Doesn't it?

SM and I are just disgusted enough with the state of things around here that we've decided to run away to the beach for a long weekend.  A little bit of sand between our toes, the sound of the ocean, feeling the breeze and the hot sun on our necks...Yep, just what we need! 

Enjoy your weekend, Kids!


6 comments:

  1. Oooo! Beach & sand & sun. And no biting insects! Sounds like a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your time at the beach :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A weekend away, what a treat! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. Dan used to love Soul Train. I have to say that the bugs have been at their absolute worst this year. Takes the fun out of gardening, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, thanks SOOO much for putting that little ditty in my head all weekend. I was Jungle Boogie-ing through the garden all day. Thank goodness I have no neighbors to speak of.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhh! The Beach! It's been awhile for me...but I have been able to get to the Cabin in the Sierra's a bit. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete