"Getting rid of everything that doesn’t matter allows you to remember who you are. Simplicity doesn’t change who you are, it brings you back to who you are."

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Mamma's Home...Well, Almost.

It's 2 a.m.

It's 2 a.m.
The fear has gone
I'm sitting here waiting
The gun's still warm
Maybe my connection
is tired of taking chances

Yeah, there's a storm on the loose
Sirens in my head
Wrapped up in silence
All circuits are dead
Cannot decode
my whole life spins into a frenzy - Golden Earring

Sing it with me now....Quite possibly one of my favorite 80's songs for some reason.  It must be the guitar riff.  The video sucks but the beat is the best.

Twilight zone. 

Yep. 

I can agree with the sentiment at least.

I woke up this morning hearing the sound of a light rain.  The windows have been open the past few days as we've enjoyed an unusual streak of cooler weather. 

I crack an eyeball and glance at the clock.

It's 2 a.m.

And then I smell it. 

Sighing, I get up and carefully make my way to the hallway and turn on the light. 

Yep. 

I close the bedroom door to allow SM to at least pretend to sleep and head for the bathroom tub where the carpet cleaner has taken up residence the past few days.

Scooter has got himself a case of self inflected garbage gut.  He eats everything and anything in his path.  And then we get to enjoy the consequences. 

He is a vacuum cleaner.

A Hoover.

As SM pointed out to me last night when I got home from work..."That dog is the Tiger Shark of the canine world.  I expect if you open up his gut there might be a license plate or two stuck in there."

I'm beginning to wonder myself.

This all started Wednesday when I came home from work.  I've been cleaning messes  on and off since then. 

Now, normally Scooters episodes with the big D are usually resolved with a day of fasting, then a fascinating mixture of pumpkin, rice and boiled chicken or ground turkey fed to him for a few meals then slowly adding back in his normal chow as time goes by.

This week, Mamma's been gone.  A LOT.  So much for good intentions.  SM for some reason, will follow my instructions at least once.  And then it's like he forgets completely and gives Scooter a bowlful for regular chow.  Like he did last night.  As I discovered last night when I walked in the house.

"I just fed everybody."  SM informs me.

"Yeah?  What did Scooter get?"  Thinking I need to cook more rice and get more pumpkin.

"Oh, I gave fed him regular since he didn't have any accidents today."  SM replied. 

Uh oh, I thought in my head. 

Well, no point screaming about it.  It's already done.  Two steps forward, one step back.  It's been like that all week.  Inconsistent care.  I get him close and then SM's good intentions slide me back.

So I was not surprised to wake up to this mornings mess.  

Sorry Boo...A 24 hour fast, then back on your special diet.  I might run it all by the Vet on Monday if I can't get his butt straightened out by then.  This has been a longer episode than usual.  

I've got post-ops this morning and then I'm home till Tuesday.

Thankfully, Scooters behavior is perfectly normal other than the big D so I'm not too concerned.

Not yet anyway.

If this doesn't resolve soon, we just might end up discovering he's got a license plate in there after all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment