"Getting rid of everything that doesn’t matter allows you to remember who you are. Simplicity doesn’t change who you are, it brings you back to who you are."

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

I Got Nuthin

Just in case you haven't noticed, the amount of blog posts I've been contributing has slowly dwindled.

I noticed this last month too but figured that eventually life would supply the inspirational fodder necessary for a decent topic of conversation.

So I wait.

And the days go by and it all seems rather normal and boring to me.

I mentioned this to SM the other day.  "Do you think that I've just got nothing more to say?" when I whined about my lack of posts.

"You're just in a slump.  Happens to everybody." SM says blowing me off.

Even Mom commented on my lack of posting last Saturday.  She left a voice message on the answering machine.  "You must be gone since I didn't see a post today and you're not answering your phone."

Blech.  Nothing.  Nada.




But is it really?

Let's run down a list of what HAS been happening around here lately...

We decided to keep the Jeep another year.  She's 14 years old with 254K miles on her.  I went to the bank and applied for a used car loan for $15K but after looking around at the selection, we decided to replace the old truck instead.  SM is currently working on that and in the mean time replaced my headlights and gave the old girl a waxing.  Thanks Baby!

My feet hurt.  In an attempt to remove some of the menopausal midsection that has decided to glom onto me, I've increased my mileage to 4 miles in the morning.  I was humming along pretty good until yesterday when both my dogs started barking.  Clearly, new walking shoes are in order.  And just a word to the wise.  If you're in your 40's and are overweight, take it off now!  You would not believe how hard it is to jump start your metabolism once you're over 50.  This stuff is like glue!

Callie-Cat is a fierce little thing.  The dogs all have a healthy respect for her maintaining a neutral zone of about a foot around her.  She's tempting them by doing the "twirly kitty" thing so they come closer.  I can just hear her say "Stupid dog."


 

Just a few minutes ago I heard the "yeowl" of a pissed off cat.  Someone must be trying to get her munchies in the garage.  I grabbed the flashlight but didn't see anything.  She suddenly pops out and winds herself around my ankles.  I look down and say "I'm glad you've decided to like me at least."

I'm reading Dan Browns Inferno and I'm SO TEMPTED to fling the thing back and ask for a refund.  It's the same formula as all his other books.  Just swap out the details.  Robert Langdon saves the world again by running around looking for clues!  What a bore.  (A patient recommended I read it.)  Don't bother.  Which leads me to ask "Is creativity dead?"  Vampires, werewolves, super heros, reality shows and remakes.  Is there really nothing more to say?

Hmm...Maybe everybody else has "got nuthin" too.


4 comments:

  1. Well, I find your "nothing" amazingly interesting! (Never mind about my social life or lack thereof. It's none of your beeswax.) You are so right about the weight/middleage thing. Body fat takes on a life of its own after 50 and it's stronger than I am, I tell you. I vote that you post all your nothingness on a daily basis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your nothing posts :) That kitten is a smart one lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the dog/cat comparison. It's SO tru!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta second the thought that your blog posts are ALWAYS interesting. But maybe the "absolutely nothing" feeling of us bloggers is something in the air. I've felt exactly the same way. The "geesh, I live a really boring life" voice has been echoing around in my head a lot lately.

    ReplyDelete