"Getting rid of everything that doesn’t matter allows you to remember who you are. Simplicity doesn’t change who you are, it brings you back to who you are."

Saturday, November 30, 2013

I Vant To Be Alone

Finally, I think to myself.

It's Friday.

Black Friday they call it.

They couldn't be more wrong.

It's Finally Friday for me. 

It's the day after Thanksgiving where...if I'm lucky...SM takes off for a long weekend up in Ohio.

And I get to be alone.





Alone with my thoughts.

Alone with the TV remote.

Alone to fall asleep at 7pm and get up at 3am.

No. 
Wait. 
I do that anyway whether SM is here or not.  (sigh...freakin hormones)

Where was I?

Oh yeah...Alone!

Well, almost alone. 

I do have 3 pairs of doggie eyes following me everywhere I go.

I tried to push SM out the door on Tuesday but he had things to do. 

How about Wednesday early, Hm? 

Nope.

SM wanted to get new front tires on the minivan before he left for Ohio.

How about after Thanksgiving dinner?  He's done that plenty of times before. 

Oh, that's right.  We're heading over to his Sister's around 4pm Thanksgiving day.

So Friday it is. 

Finally!  It's Friday!  Yeah me! 

I have three...count em...THREE whole days to my lonesome.





But I'll be busy, trust me.  I have a long list of to do's that need doing.  Everything from picking up frozen dog crap in the yard to cleaning carpets.  From decorating for Christmas to giving Scooter a haircut.

So while I get to revel in the silence that is "just me" this weekend, SM gets to eat, drink and be merry with his friends and family.

It's a win-win for both of us don'tcha think?

3 comments:

  1. How wonderful! Sounds like busy along time, though. Funny, even though I live alone, I look forward to long weekend alone time. Go figure....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally understand. Alone time is needed, no matter how much we like our spouse. Years ago hubby had to play host at the company deer lease for customers. You cannot imagine how much I miss those multiple weekends alone every year. Yeah, miss those times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can definitely appreciate this. Of course, my DH is a truck driver, so I get very nice alone time every week! Then I have to figure out what to do with him when he's home again, LOL

    ReplyDelete