Monday, November 25, 2013

Jaws

"Whatcha got planned for today?"  SM asks me as he sits with a cuppa joe at the kitchen table.  He's blinking as the morning sun is streaming in through the blinds I've already opened.

Sunshine is a precious commidty to me now that the dark days are here.  I let the sun warm up the kitchen every chance I get.

I shrug at his inquiry, saying "Well, nothing set in stone.  No big projects planned.  Stuff."  I say pausing as I move through the kitchen.  "I'll find stuff to do."

"Yeah, you're like a shark.  Always moving."  SM tosses out taking a sip of coffee.

I laugh.  "Actually, that's a pretty good observation.  I never thought about it before but you're right.  I am always moving.  Until I'm not.  Then I crash."

I'm taking this as a compliment folks.  I've never been called a shark before but I suppose there are worse things to be called.





1 comment: