"Getting rid of everything that doesn’t matter allows you to remember who you are. Simplicity doesn’t change who you are, it brings you back to who you are."

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Single Digit Hotflash

It's 9 degrees with a real feel of zero this morning

I run out to the Jeep to turn it over and let it warm up.  All systems go.  Not bad for a 15 year old vehicle.

Back in the house, I shuck off my coat when SM wanders in.

"Jeans?"  He asks, taking in my scrub top and jeans bottom.

"I'll take my scrub bottoms in and change at work."  

Suddenly I break into a sweat.  

That's what I do now.  
Turn a bright lobster red.
And sweat.

"Geez."  I mutter as I slide away slipping out into the garage to cool off.

All I can think of as I stand in the dark garage sweating, is that if there was a snowbank around I'd be in it.

 



 You Go Girl!
 

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes that cold weather comes in handy, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. -12F here. Shall I send you some? I could've used a 'power surge' this morning. Brrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, when those hot flashes hit, the colder it is outside the better. Actually, I wait till one hits to get out of bed in the morning. :)

    ReplyDelete