"Getting rid of everything that doesn’t matter allows you to remember who you are. Simplicity doesn’t change who you are, it brings you back to who you are."

Friday, March 21, 2014

Weebels Wobble...

Do you remember Weebels?





"Weebels wobble but they don't fall down?"

For some reason that phrase popped into my head as I stomped around the neighborhood this morning trying to get in my 3 miles before heading into work.

You see, I wobble as I walk. 

I'm not sure when it happened but I can't seem to walk in a straight line anymore. 

Relatively straight?  Yes. 

But if I'm walking with someone else, side by side, I invariably wander into them. 

If I'm on my own, in the office or at home, I run into corners of walls, desks, chairs...

Consequently, I have bruises on both sides of my arms, hips and legs. 

You could say that I'm careless, maybe in too much of a hurry, maybe my depth perception is off. 

I have a different theory.

Over the last few years my center of gravity has shifted. 

Lower.

I used to be "Toothpick Tami".  That's what the kids used to called me when I was a kid. 

Stick straight I was. 

Now I'm shaped like a Weeble. 

No wonder I wobble.

Can falling down be far behind?



6 comments:

  1. And I thought it was just me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You take after your MOM and no I'm not drunk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I snorted my tea while reading this post! So THAT's the reason for bobbing and weaving - something I also do on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me? I'm just careless. Or simple-minded. Some days I feel like a ball in a pinball machine bouncing off walls, chairs, counters, etc. I think it's because my head is usually elsewhere. (Figuratively speaking, of course.) But then I have trouble walking and chewing gum at the same time. (I also fall UP stairs rather than down, but don't spread that around.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Ha! I'm right there with ya' !

    ReplyDelete