"Getting rid of everything that doesn’t matter allows you to remember who you are. Simplicity doesn’t change who you are, it brings you back to who you are."

Friday, November 7, 2014

G is For...Good Girls? Greedy Girl? Gone Girl?

Today's G post is easy.  

When you have multiple dogs you get in the habit of using a phrase and a tone of voice to reassure and motivate the pack.  Since Scooter is essentially deaf, I address the ladies with "Good Girls!" in an enthusiastic tone.

Tails wag and backs hunch up in puppy happiness.

Casey-Pig is very responsive to the "Good Girls!" phrase.

A happier dog I have yet to meet. 

But I have never met a dog more happier than Casey when it comes to mealtimes.  She pushes her way through the crowd and becomes Greedy Girl and shoves her head in the dog food bag to swipe an extra mouthful of chow, wagging her back end the whole time. 

Then when I'm actually bringing her bowl to her, she rears up on her hind legs like My Pretty Pony and jumps around until I put the bowl down. 

Every
Single
Time.

In other G related news... Last week Heather (one of my coworkers) came in with a book. 

Gone Girl.



"Oh my god, have you read the book or seen the movie yet?"  Heather asked me.

"No.  I'm not a big Ben Affleck fan.  Was it good?"  I replied.

"The movie was wonderful so I bought the book and that was even better.  Teri (another coworker) has dibs to read it first but you should read it too.  You'll love it."

Every time I walked by Teri's office last week I saw her reading it.  I asked her if it was good.  "I'm just flying through this book!  I'll give it to you Monday for sure."

And so she did. 

The next day both of them asked me if I'd started it yet.

Geez...Is it that good?

And so Gone Girl sits on my kitchen table waiting for me to pick it up.  I can devour a good book in a day or so. 

But I'm a little busy composing these freaken A-Z posts.  I mean I'd hate to leave ya'll hanging while I read this book  @;)

This just might have to wait until after the "Z" post which should fall right around Thanksgiving weekend.  That would be the perfect time to read it. 

Have any of you read it yet? 

Any other good books out there to take me away from posting on the blog? (Ha)

2 comments:

  1. Have you read Nick Russel's Big Lake series yet Very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check it out, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete