"Getting rid of everything that doesn’t matter allows you to remember who you are. Simplicity doesn’t change who you are, it brings you back to who you are."

Monday, November 24, 2014

W is For...Wheeze

The other day I took a small sip of my Diet Mt Dew and it went down the wrong pipe.

I choked, I sputtered, I wheezed.
I couldn't breathe.

I stood up and bent over.
It felt like any air I had coming in and out was through a pin hole.


"You OK?"  I hear SM ask from the other room.


Wheeze.
Wheeze.


Damn it hurt. 

"Am I going to go out this way?"  I thought to myself. 

She choked to death on her Diet Dew. 
I can see the headlines now.
The nectar of the Gods that puts the pep in my step finally takes me out.

Karma.
They do say she's a bitch.



Finally, the pinhole got larger and I started coughing and continued to cough myself raw.

That was the worst choke I'd ever experienced.
Wow.

Hey, there's more W's in this post than I'd thought there would be.

1 comment:

  1. Gak, that was some scary choking incident. Somebody was trying to tell you that darn Diet Mountain Dew just isn't good for you! ;o]

    We know a gal whose name is Karma. (And, no, her folks weren't hippies.) I wonder how often people pull the "Karma is a B . . . ." on her?

    ReplyDelete