Monday, November 24, 2014

W is For...Wheeze

The other day I took a small sip of my Diet Mt Dew and it went down the wrong pipe.

I choked, I sputtered, I wheezed.
I couldn't breathe.

I stood up and bent over.
It felt like any air I had coming in and out was through a pin hole.


"You OK?"  I hear SM ask from the other room.


Wheeze.
Wheeze.


Damn it hurt. 

"Am I going to go out this way?"  I thought to myself. 

She choked to death on her Diet Dew. 
I can see the headlines now.
The nectar of the Gods that puts the pep in my step finally takes me out.

Karma.
They do say she's a bitch.



Finally, the pinhole got larger and I started coughing and continued to cough myself raw.

That was the worst choke I'd ever experienced.
Wow.

Hey, there's more W's in this post than I'd thought there would be.

1 comment:

  1. Gak, that was some scary choking incident. Somebody was trying to tell you that darn Diet Mountain Dew just isn't good for you! ;o]

    We know a gal whose name is Karma. (And, no, her folks weren't hippies.) I wonder how often people pull the "Karma is a B . . . ." on her?

    ReplyDelete