"Getting rid of everything that doesn’t matter allows you to remember who you are. Simplicity doesn’t change who you are, it brings you back to who you are."

Sunday, December 21, 2014

The Second Best Garden There Is

This is the time of the year I start thinking about the perfect garden.

My perfect garden exists only in my dreams. 

Clean, crisp, weed-free pathways outline perfect bug-free plants blooming with flowers and heavy with produce. 

The blue sky has a few puffy clouds and a gentle breeze kicks up every few moments to encourage the leaves and flower to dance a bit.

The temperature is a perfect 70 degrees and the humidity is low as I work in the garden.  I can't even be bothered to break a sweat.

Sigh...

Clearly the garden of my dreams is best left to my imagination. 

Or is it?

A couple of weeks ago I was over at Chiot's Run and saw a post about Secret Garden - An Inky Treasure Hunt and Coloring Book.




Since I'm always on the lookout for creative things to doodle away the Winter with I thought "Hey...That would be fun!"  So I ordered book and the same markers Susy recommended from Amazon.  I also bought some colored pencils to mix things up.

It came in a few weeks ago and I got busy.  Whenever I find a few minutes, I stick my reading glasses on and color to my hearts content.



And I have discovered the second best garden there is. 
It's the garden in my coloring book.

There are no rules in this garden I'm creating.

Apples can be pink if I want them.
Leaves can be blue.

And there are no weeds unless I create them.

There are bugs but they are brightly colored, friendly bugs. 
I haven't gotten bitten yet.

I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying this.
It's silly perhaps.
But it will take years to complete all the pages in this book.

I get to be Silly for a really long time.

And that makes me very Happy.

So until Spring comes around I can let my creativity flow. 

My idea's for my real-life garden can simmer while I color the Winter away.

2 comments:

  1. Now that's a controlled garden environment! And wouldn't we all like that to actually happen . . . but, sigh, we may all have to settle for experiencing it through your coloring book. ;o} Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, what a great idea! I could color for HOURS! And yes, that garden is much better looking than mine. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete