"Getting rid of everything that doesn’t matter allows you to remember who you are. Simplicity doesn’t change who you are, it brings you back to who you are."

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

With Or Without You

SM is up in Jersey this week on a consultation.  

Before he left, we talked about when the last time was when we spent the night apart.  

(I had read somewhere that Paul and Linda McCartney never spent a night apart their entire marriage.  Seemed really romantic in a way.)

Considering the state of our aging brains we think it's been 2-3 years.  So I kissed SM goodbye, wished him safe travels and looked forward to a few days of me time.  
Well...Technically just a few hours of me time.  I still have work and the dogs to keep me occupied.

I was really looking forward to seeing how I would sleep without SM.  You see, I think that our Tempurapedic bed really absorbs the heat and with two of us in the bed, I felt that it was contributing to my night time hot flashes.

I was hoping for some really sweet snooze time this week.  Wrong!  

I flipped and flopped and flipped again.  

Hot on my side, blissfully cold on SM's side.  Then I would start shivering and flip back over into my warm little nest.

 

So much for that experiment!

3 comments:

  1. JW and I had a bed that had a memory foam plush top. Every night I thought that I would die from heat exhaustion. We looked at Walmart and found a gel topper for the bed, and it help soooo much. It was about an inch an a half thick, made of some kind of gel-ish foam, but it did the trick. I don't have any issues any more, unless I'm travelling for work and the hotel has a tempurpedic mattress. Apparently the foam mattresses just lock that heat in, and for us ladies of the warmer temps, it's not very pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love alone time and it has been a while since I've had that. Guess I spent too many years single. Nothing worse than being too warm in bed. Hope you can find a solution soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - I'm Carol from Scotland and I have been enjoying your blog since I found it. I have a similar problem with my pillow. I use a memory foam one for neck support because I broke it 35 years ago. It retains the heat and, even though I have extra padded covers on it, I wake up too hot. I have a window open even when the snow is lying but still wake up. I hope you find an answer and I'll be looking for a gel foam solution myself.

    ReplyDelete