"Getting rid of everything that doesn’t matter allows you to remember who you are. Simplicity doesn’t change who you are, it brings you back to who you are."

Monday, May 4, 2015

All Over The Place

Let's get this out of the way right now.

 


Now back to our regularly scheduled post.  
Yesterday was kinda odd. 

I couldn't really settle in one particular direction so I went everywhere and I can't really say that I got all that much done. 

I stood there watering the garden while SM inspected the goods.  

"That's the lettuce?"  He asked looking down at the sad little nubs.  No salad for us anytime soon!




"They'll start growing more with the warmer temperatures."  I reassurred him.
"Lots of squash ya got growing there."  He observed.




"That's right Baby...No such thing as too much squash."

"What's that?"  He asked fingers twitching towards the Yarrow I'd planted that must've looked like a weed to him.  I explained that I'd planted it to bring the bees in.  Not that there's a bloom in sight anywhere in the garden yet.

Then I headed over to Sherwin Williams to buy some exterior paint that was on sale 30% off.  Yeah Me!

While I was out I took the car through the car wash to get some of the pollen off.  By the time I got back, SM had a call for a job up around Hickory so he headed out and was gone for the entire day.  With no one to boss around I decided to work on the stairway areas some more creating flower boxes on each side.


And then Casey dug it all back up when my back was turned.  She must've thought I'd done all that just for her play in.  Bad Little Pig! 

So I swept everything back in and gave it a squirt of water.

Then I got hot.  
As in the sun is hot on my menopausal neck hot.
And my motivation went right out the door.

So I cleaned up and went out and did some shopping.  I had received a double whammy of gift cards from my employer for my birthday and for my 15 yr anniversary working for them.  

Gift cards are great but I like to use them ASAP so I don't loose (or forget) about them.

Anyhow, I'm hoping to get back on track today.
What will today bring, I wonder...

1 comment:

  1. I am the same way with gift cards - if I have them for more than a week, they become completely forgotten. Sounds like you are off to a good start on your staycation and great deal on your paint!!!

    ReplyDelete