"Getting rid of everything that doesn’t matter allows you to remember who you are. Simplicity doesn’t change who you are, it brings you back to who you are."

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Good Morning Sunshine

Well, Hello SPRING!

All is well with SM and I here in the lovely Piedmont of North Carolina.  Just another boring Winter to get through.  I've been busy with work.  SM has regained full use of his shoulders and all is right with the world.  

Yeah us!

We've had another warm Winter all things considered.  A week or two of freaken FREEZING weather but now (just like last year) we are having an early Spring.


Our Maple is blooming before the Peach.  THAT has never happened.  

I told SM not to prune the Peach this year.  We always get a frost that kills the blooms or the fruit.  I'm sure that will happen again this year so we might as well enjoy a pretty tree.

This morning was a wonderful 61 degrees so I busted out the rake and got in the beds to clean things up a bit.


  
Gosh it feels good to play in the dirt!

I even planted lettuce and carrots!  CRIKEY!



Expectations are that our early Spring will lead to another "hotter than hell" Summer so I thought let's just go ahead and put things in earlier than I would normally.

Heck, I might be planting summer squash and tomatoes in April!

Stay tuned...I'm going to try and be a good girl and blog a bit more now that gardening season is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment