"Getting rid of everything that doesn’t matter allows you to remember who you are. Simplicity doesn’t change who you are, it brings you back to who you are."

Sunday, January 28, 2018

Time Flies

A few weeks ago I got the bright idea to start a Facebook Group for Family pictures.

Sort of a Ancestry.com for my Mom, siblings and their extended families.



I got the idea of taking pictures of all the pictures that I have in my possession and posting them to Facebook.

I am assuming that at some point in the distant future, when I'm long gone, some distant relative will want to know more about where they came from.


It's been fun looking back especially at the old black and whites of my grandparents and even a few of my great grandparents.

My siblings are digging through their own photo albums and posting pictures, some of which I never recall seeing!  

Everyone is reminiscing and making fun comments.  I feel that it's bringing us all just a little bit closer.


But I also feel just a little sad seeing how quickly time flies by.

Age heightens this sense of time speeding by.  When you are a kid, you're just not aware of how quickly life speeds by.


My Mom told me when I was a teenager wishing my school year away, "Just wait till you're older.  Time starts flying by the older you get.  Don't wish your life away, Tami."

Never have truer words been spoken.


No comments:

Post a Comment