"Getting rid of everything that doesn’t matter allows you to remember who you are. Simplicity doesn’t change who you are, it brings you back to who you are."

Saturday, January 30, 2021

Technicolor Hopes

 One of the BEST things about living in The Carolina's is that you know a "Blue Sky Day" is right around the corner. Sure we get bad weather but in general it pushes through pretty quickly. 

Winters here are different than the winters I experienced growing up in Ohio.  I know that the lack of sunshine during a Mid-West Winter has to be experienced in order to be believed. Endless, day after day, cloudy days, dreary and gray.  No wonder snowbirds fly South!

This morning, as I sit at my front window tapping away, I watch the long shadows created as the sun slowly breaks over the winter horizon. SM says the sun is sleepy when it's slow to rise.

These long shadows are interesting to watch particularly on frosty mornings where you can see the steaming coming off the yard when the sun strikes bold and colorful and yet, inches away is a patch of muted shadow where the frost clings tightly.



Both are beautiful. Kind of reminds me of that moment in The Wizard of Oz when the film switches from black and white to Technicolor. 

Nothing wrong at all with black and white. Calm, neutral, cautious... 

But let that sun hit and it seems that the colors are full of energy.  Sizzling, singing and joyful.

I have shouldered the changes that 2020 brought to me and mine but I've gotten off pretty easy compared to some.  

I doubt that 2021 is going to look much different from 2020 but I have Technicolor hope in my heart for all of us.

You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light



1 comment:

  1. The skies here are beautiful to behold. When I go on my morning walk, I am struck by it's brilliance on some days. Blessed to have the blue signs of hope all around.

    ReplyDelete