"Getting rid of everything that doesn’t matter allows you to remember who you are. Simplicity doesn’t change who you are, it brings you back to who you are."

Friday, January 29, 2021

The CBD Gummy Bear

SM is a Pill Popper. 
Got an "ouchie"?  
Take a pill.
Can't sleep? 
Take a pill.

I, on the other hand, am a pill-a-phobe. I blame my anxiety for that. 
Interestingly, I take a pill to keep my anxiety and mood stable. 
Go figure.

Anyhow, SM has friends who have tried CBD's and have given him the thumbs up as an alternative to the ibuprofen and acetaminophen that he takes most days for his aches and pains. 

SM and I have talked about it.  How bad can it be?  Even my 80 year old Mom uses it.  She was really proud when she got her "prescription" card last year. 

Mom uses the oil on the tongue stuff.  SM's best friends wife eats the gummies.  We agreed that if we were going to try it, it should the gummies.

So, last week SM comes home with a jar of CBD Gummy Bear's.  

"How much was that?" I asked.

"Twenty bucks.  They had another one that was thirteen dollars but the guy said these were better."  SM says.

I picked up the jar, "500 milligrams?!" Shocked.

"In the whole jar.  There's 20 bears in there. The guy said to start with a half-a-bear and see how your body handles that."

I put the jar down.  "I'll let you be the guinea pig."
"The crash test dummy?" He asked.
"Whatever.  You go first."

Later that day, I googled to learn more about CBD's for virgins like me.  Pretty much what the CBD Dude said.  Start small.  I also saw that it had a warning about drug interactions so I clicked on that and learned that if you take an antidepressant you need to be careful. I take Lexapro so I googled that and came to the conclusion that I won't be trying CBD anytime soon.

"The jar is all yours."  I told SM about what I'd learned.
"More for me!" SM said.
And left it at that.

Fast forward to this week and SM announced last night that he was going to dive into the CBD world and try a half-a-gummy.  I was already dozing in my recliner so I didn't think much of it.

This morning SM woke up about 8:30.  I am a early riser, SM not so much.  Plus he is slow to waken.  I have learned not to approach him until he's had his second cup of coffee. 

"How'd you sleep?"  This is my go-to first thing in the morning.
"Mmmm...." Was his response.
"Did you hear that thunderstorm last night? It rained pretty hard."
"I heard nothing. I was out cold."

"Oh, that's right.  You tried the gummy bear last night."  I had actually forgotten about the CBD test. 

"What time did you take it it?"
"9:30"
"When did you go to bed?"
"I have no idea."
"How do you feel?"
"It's all in my head. Very mellow. Let's just say next time I'll be taking a quarter of a bear."

Later this morning...
"How are you feeling after a couple cups of coffee?"
"Mm...I'm getting a headache."
"Could be from the rain.  You still feel mellow?"
"Yeah."
"I wonder if it will last all day?"
"Hope not."

In the end, it seemed that SM had a CBD hangover that petered out by the afternoon.  When I mentioned giving the jar away to any CBD connoisseur I might find SM was quick to say "Oh don't worry.  I'll eat them."

I'm sure he will.


No comments:

Post a Comment