"Getting rid of everything that doesn’t matter allows you to remember who you are. Simplicity doesn’t change who you are, it brings you back to who you are."

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Same Ole, Same Ole

Where did this week go?  Where have I been?

I feel that I have a new M.O. this week.  A new pattern.  A new modus operandi if you will.

Modus operandi (plural modi operandi) is a Latin phrase, approximately translated as "method of operation". The term is used to describe someone's habits or manner of working, their method of operating or functioning.

My work days have been split into 12 hour shifts for awhile.  12 on. 12 off. 

For some reason, taking a vacation, taking a break, downshifts you...as it's supposed to do. 

But now that I'm back ON, it just feels weird.  Like the movie Groundhog Day.  (Which is actually a pretty good movie if you can manage to stick with it.  Makes you want to pull your hair out, but that's the point.)  



Today is just like yesterday which was exactly like the day before that.

My 12 on hours are 7am-7pm at work.  Go, go, go!  Then my 12 off are here at the house to crash, play with the dogs, look at the garden grow and kiss the "Old Man "goodnight.  Snooze.  Then repeat.

What is it about the first week back after a vacation that makes you wish you hadn't bothered taking a vacation at all?  I mean, I'm re-energized for sure but "Crikey"...It's takes me all week just to play catch up from the week I've been gone.

This week has flown by and I find that I have not spent any time at all on my blog or (more importantly) looking at YOUR blogs.  None.  Zippo.  Zip.

Gosh, I miss you.

Is this the attraction of Twitter and Facebook then?  If I had those "social medias" in my life too all you'd be hearing on them right now is crickets chirping .  Silence.  I'd have been too busy doing everything else to keep up with those too.

So the week that was?  (scratching my head to remember)  Well, it turns out that YOU didn't miss anything here. 

We DID get a couple of days of "frog chokers".   SM says this when it rains so hard you can't see through it.  

So the garden got the deep soak that it needed.  But now it's turned a bit colder with highs only in the 70's, which is nice for The Human Torch (Me), but not so nice for the plants to grow. 

Seems like everything is in a holding pattern.  The only thing happening in the garden right now is that the beans popped up. 

Try making a post out of THAT.

Other than that, it's been a quiet week here.  I'm looking forward to the weekend.  Hopefully something exciting will happen.  But until then, I'm going to spend a few delightful hours catching up on what's been going on in YOUR life.

I bet it's been more exciting than mine.

5 comments:

  1. That 12 hours "off" doesn't count the time you prep going to work, driving to and from work. I think work time is closer to 14 hours. Ick.
    Well, enjoy the weekend. Get reaquainted with home and hubby.
    Relax.
    Enjoy!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm . . . I think I HAVE made a blog post out of beans popping up. It may have been one of those times I planted, it turned cold, rained for a week solid and I was sure the little beanie seeds had rotted.

    Good to have you back, m'dear. I think it's the 12 on/12 off that is making you feel discomboobulated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope your week sounds like mine. Kind of quiet around here. That's ok cause then when something small happens the quiet time makes that small thing seem more exciting. Have a great weekend.

    @ 3Beeze Homestead

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe, we call 'em "toad stranglers" or "gully washers" here. =P We're glad for the rain though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to hear about your beans popping up. Mine did, along with the sunflowers, then, 2 days later some evil critter ate all of the plants. Poof! all gone. It's war, I tell you!

    ReplyDelete