"Getting rid of everything that doesn’t matter allows you to remember who you are. Simplicity doesn’t change who you are, it brings you back to who you are."

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Dream A Little Dream

I've got a pretty creative mind.  I've always got a story going on in my head.  Must be why I'm such a Sci Fi geek.

But fantasies are different than dreams.  Fantasies are make believe.  Possibilities that aren't really based in the reality of your world. 

Dreams are different.  Dreams are real hopes that just haven't come to fruition yet.

I have lots of dreams.

I dream every day of driving into work without getting into an accident.  (Let's play bumper cars!  Jaywalkers jumping out in front of you!  Seriously.  I almost hit a guy jumping out in front of my moving car!  I tell you, it's wearing on my last nerve.)

I dream of a productive, fruitful garden.  Maybe even a year without a squash bug!  (Well, that might be considered a fantasy.)

I dream of losing another 10 pounds before next Summer.  Yep,  I'm fighting back against the Menopausal Twenty that crept up on me the past few years.  (So Long Lane Bryant!)

I dream of a morning where I don't have to spend 15 minutes cleaning up crap that has somehow attached itself to my computer.  (Yes, I'm talking to YOU Blogger/Google.  I wasted valuable time this morning uninstalling your "Better Browser" just so I could type this freakin post!)

Ah Yes...Dreams are wonderful.  And they come in unexpected packages.  Look at what came in the mail yesterday.




Watch out 2014 garden.  I'm placing my order ASAP.  (Love me some Baker Creek!)

And a big shout out to Leigh over at 5 Acres and A Dream.  I've read the first few pages already.  Leigh points out rightfully in her book that dreams are so much easier to achieve when two people have the same goals in mind which (if you think about it) is a pretty rare thing. 

Not impossible.  Just rare. 

SM and I have pretty much been on the same page as we've wandered through our life together but I know some of my dreams are always compromised a bit because of how SM see's our life heading.

SM was fine with tearing up a 1/3 of our backyard for a garden but put his foot down about the chickens.  "NO CHICKENS."

SM wanders along with me as I check out the RV's over at the local lot.  "What do you think, Baby?  Can you see yourself living in one of these?"  As we peek inside a bathroom the size of a closet, humoring me. 

SM listens sympathetically to me as I whine about my job, my drive, my knees.  He and I both know that I'd love nothing better than to be a fulltime housefrau.

Someday.

A girl can dream can't she?




4 comments:

  1. A great post, Tami. Struck a chord with me this morning. (Twa-a-a-n-n-g.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tami I'm with you spot on! I so want to stay home and cook and garden, but husband's not on board with the purchase of a big greenhouse, solar at the cabin and a few other things...so I work and save and will pay for the "toys" myself...then I'll stay home and enjoy my freedom.

    I'm loving Leigh' s book...Your blog and her' s were the first 2 I followed...had never ever heard of a blog before then...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got my copy of Leigh's book yesterday - isn't it fun! As I told her in my "Thank you " email this morning, even though I knew the back story (we've been blogging together since 2005), her book was fascinating and fun to read. I had to make myself put it down so I could go to bed and that was at midnight!

    Sorry to hear about your subdivision - our local tribe has been buying up land not too far from our home, and there are rumors of a commercial development - maybe a Costco!!. The traffic would be horrendous!

    Happy Holidays to you and SM! T.

    ReplyDelete