"Getting rid of everything that doesn’t matter allows you to remember who you are. Simplicity doesn’t change who you are, it brings you back to who you are."

Friday, March 19, 2021

48 Hours

 The big storm that has wrecked areas of the South with tornado's, hail and high winds also made me suffer with one of the longest migraines I've ever had.

I've always been prone to headaches when the barometer drops but it almost seems that it's getting worse as I get older.


For me, the only thing that seems to help is heat. 
I have one of those sock filled, microwaveable bead socks that even now is wrapped around my neck.  

SM came in earlier and laughed because I had it draped over my head.

Anyway, that poor little sock has been working overtime these past few days. It somehow creates a bit of moisture when it's hot and SM swears it smells like cookies.  When I take a sniff of it, it smells like popcorn. Good thing it doesn't smell like burnt toast or I could say that one of us is having a stroke.

With the constant use these past few days, the moisture caused the threads to stretch at the seam. I had to stitch it closed with super tiny stitches because the beads are so small. On top of that I now have tiny random beads on the floor that roll around as I sweep.  I wonder if they will end up like glitter...always around.

Anyway, I am feeling somewhat better today as this storm finally makes it's way out of here.


2 comments:

  1. Ooof! I've never had a migraine so can only imagine the misery it must cause. And to have one last so long. Ish. Too bad for you it's not possible to leave the area where the barometric pressure is causing your symptoms. Glad you're feeling better now though. Hang in there. They say any pain in the head is always bad because of nearness to the brain and big, important nerves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was pregnant, I used a rice sock, and I still have it! Simply fill a tube sock with rice and tie a knot on the end. No sewing needed. And it works great because it fills in all the nooks and crannies, especially when used for back pain.

    ReplyDelete