"Getting rid of everything that doesn’t matter allows you to remember who you are. Simplicity doesn’t change who you are, it brings you back to who you are."

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Run and Hide, Baby. It's THAT Time of the Year Again!

The countdown is on.

Two more days to go.  And then it's Staycation time once again.





I can't wait!

Staycation is my annual week off to play around the house. 
It's never long enough. 

A week long, ass-busting festival of To-Do's that may (Or may not) see completion. 

I've begin "The List" already. 
Surprisingly, the list doesn't change all that much from year to year.

SM is invited to attend.  I've already mentioned the annual Clean Out and Reorganize The Garage. 

All I got in reply was a groan. 
I might have heard a muttered "Not again."  

I don't count on SM for hard labor during Staycation.  Sometimes he's with me and sometimes he runs and hides.  All the signs this year appear to suggest the latter. 

Can't blame him.  I can become Scary Drill Sargent during Staycation.





Do this, do that.  All the poor man can hope for is that I wear my sorry butt out working the garden, spreading mulch, pulling weeds, reorganizing the kitchen, staining, painting.....  

Run and hide, Baby. 
Run and hide...






11 comments:

  1. Wish I could go, go, go like you do for a solid week. (Do you visit the liquor cabinet a lot during the week? ;o] ) I'd need a week's rest before I could go back to work! Hoping you have wonderful weather and complete all your little heart desires. Go, go, go, go . . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WORK is where I rest :) and "Yes" SM bought an additional Box o' Wine in anticipation of the festivities.

      Delete
  2. I just finished my annual "staycation"...didn't get a damn thing done! I laid on the couch and watched Netflix and drank lemonade...what a slug! Sounds to me like you're going to get a ton done...good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you. I hope to be motivated enough to work until 2 then slug out for the rest of the day. (Early start time already built into the equation....4:14am right now in fact! HA.)

      Delete
  3. I love staycations, myself. However, I don't have anyone to boss around! Boo. I hope you get a good chunk of your to-do list tackled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When SM is not around there's still a lot of talking going on in my head. So I guess I boss myself around. You do too Susan. Hey...I read your blog! @;)

      Delete
  4. What the hell?! My staycations are always planned workweeks as well! My staycation is only 2 weeks away, and I can't wait... The garden, house, chicken coop, garage ALL need attention. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. April/May is such a good time of the year for it, isn't it? Enjoy it!

      Delete
  5. On my Staycation right now. Getting stuff done though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh oh. I bet there's some BIG stuff going on at your place. Not sure you need a staycation, you do enough on your weekends!

      Delete
  6. But surely SM sees the benefit of it all after it's over!

    ReplyDelete