"Getting rid of everything that doesn’t matter allows you to remember who you are. Simplicity doesn’t change who you are, it brings you back to who you are."

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Get A Life

Just wanted to let you all know that everything is fine here.  I haven't been posting because there really hasn't been that much to talk about.

We're just living life right now. 

We took some time earlier in the month to visit with family in Ohio.  The week away from home allowed me to step completely away from TV, computers and phone calls (Sorry Mom...).

Gosh, it was nice. 

SM's family lives in an area that actually doesn't get cell service unless you drive up to the top of a hill.  TV?  Meh.  Who cares?  And SM told me to bring my ipad but I intentionally left it home.  

I realized after getting back into the daily routine of work and household tasks how nice it was to just disconnect for awhile. 

Just one on one face time with the people in my life who make me laugh. 

Life.

How nice is that?

4 comments:

  1. Good for you and I agree that we should disconnect fom this stuff once in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Admire the way you two do the things that feel good and seem necessary. Recharges the old batteries! Just curious, what do you do with your four-legged bunch when you go on "vacation?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering how you were doing. Glad all is well. Unplugging is the way to go if you really need to reconnect with the important things in life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that is very nice! And it's good that you focused your attention on your family. Also glad you are back and posting!

    ReplyDelete