"Getting rid of everything that doesn’t matter allows you to remember who you are. Simplicity doesn’t change who you are, it brings you back to who you are."

Monday, June 3, 2013

Heavy Rains And Deep Thoughts

Boy, did it pour last night!  We've had an estimated 1.18 with a possible 1-2 more inches forecasted for today.  Nothing showing on the radar yet this morning so it must all be pop-up storms coming on later.

Looking back though on the week that was, I'm grateful that it was a splendid week with blue skies, mild temperatures and dry weather.  I got to work outside everyday and got a lot accomplished.  It's funny that I'm actually glad that today is a rainy day.




Why?

Well, for one thing an enforced day inside makes me pay attention to the simple tasks that need doing on a weekly basis like cleaning bathrooms, stripping the bedding and getting all that washed, cooking food for the week...You know...Life.

When I get into project mode I go into it whole hog.  Every molecule of my being is in deep concentration about "The Project" and by the end of the day I'm so wiped out that it's a shrug when SM asks "what's for dinner?"

It's been a PBJ and salad kind of week for him, poor guy.  (I think I'll make a meatloaf today to help make up for the lack of quality sustenance.)

The other thing I noticed is that I can't think creatively when I'm busy doing projects.  Maybe it just me, but I think my blog posts are more of the "this is what I did today" type of post rather than the deeper, creative, more thoughtful posts that I enjoy writing.

Is it that way with you?  Maybe I'm just a slow typer (or a slow thinker) but I can't whip this stuff out that fast.

So think kindly of me while I'm scrubbing the toilet today.  I just might be working on my next blog post...

@;)


2 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing where/how we find the creative spark? I'd rather be thinking of anything else than scrubbing the toilet... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind the "here's what I did today" posts, but totally understand what you mean.

    ReplyDelete